Review: Bound by Flames by Jeaniene Frost


Title: Bound by Flames
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Series: Night Prince, #3
Publisher: Avon
Release Date: January 27, 2015
Pages: 342
Rating:

Play with fire, pay the price.

Leila’s years on the carnie circuit were certainly an education. What she didn’t learn: how to be a vampire, or how to be married to the most famous vampire of them all. Adjusting to both has Leila teetering on a knife edge between passion and peril, and now the real danger is about to begin…

Vlad must battle with a centuries-old enemy whose reach stretches across continents and whose strength equals his own. It isn’t like Vlad to feel fear, but he does…for Leila, because his enemy knows she is Vlad’s greatest weakness. As friend and foe alike align against him—and his overprotectiveness drives Leila away—Vlad’s love for his new bride could be the very thing that dooms them both…

“You aren’t just my weakness, Leila.” Vlad drew me next to him, one hand sliding along my jaw while the other caressed my back. “You are my destruction, because if I were to lose you, it would finish me.” 

I couldn't write my fabulous review without spoilers, so be warned. I swear the books in the Night Prince Series get better and better with every book. I am highly impressed. BOUND BY FLAMES has got to be my favorite in the series and at this point I am so glad that Frost decided to extend the series to one more book. Frost, let me tell you, just keep writing more, because you're doing awesome with the the World of the Night Huntress. I could definitely do with another book on Mencheres and Spade.

In BOUND BY FLAMES, Leila and Vlad and still on the hunt to find Szilagyi. Vlad finds out early on that Leila had been careless and reckless at one point to the hunt for Szilagyi and decides to permanently remove her from the situation, which enrages Leila. But eventually make up and finds themselves face to face with Szilagyi in the end only to find they have maybe an even greater threat than Szilagyi.

Compromise Lesson One: Pull a dick move, and your dick gets denied. Every woman knew that, and now, so did the vampire sitting next to me. 

Like I said before this BOUND BY FLAMES was so freaking awesome. We have Vlad trying to protect Leila for her own good and her being angered by what he did. I understand both sides, but once Leila hears Vlad's side of things, she understands and forgives him. Awwwww. Vlad can be quite the romantic vampire. I just love how much he loves her and is willing to endure her anger and hatred if it means she is alive.

At one point Leila gets kidnapped yet again, Surprise Surprise!, and had to undergo the ultimate torture. I have to say, the torture really got me, it was sickening to read, it was like I had to close my eyes like I was actually watching it. And, (view spoiler) Szilagyi is one sick fuck! And another thing too, all of this was being video taped and sent to Vlad. Thank god, Vlad reaches Vlad in the end and a bunch of awesome shit goes down. Like I said, great book and looking forward to the conclusion to the, Night Prince Series.



No comments :

Post a Comment