Review: Ball & Chain by Abigail Roux


Title: Ball & Chain
Author: Abigail Roux,
Series: Cut & Run, #8
Publisher: Riptide Publishing
Release Date: March 17, 2014
Pages: 288
Rating:

Home from their unexpected deployment, the former members of Marine Force Recon team Sidewinder rejoin their loved ones and try to pick up the pieces of the lives they were forced to leave behind. Ty Grady comes home to Zane Garrett, only to find that everything around him has changed—even the men he went to war with. He barely has time to adjust before his brother, Deuce, asks Ty to be his best man. But that isn’t all Deuce asks Ty to do, and Ty must call for backup to deal with the business issues of Deuce’s future father-in-law.

Nick O’Flaherty and Kelly Abbott join Ty and Zane at the wedding on an island in Scotland, thinking they’re there to assuage Deuce’s paranoia. But when bodies start dropping and boats start sinking, the four men get more involved with the festivities than they’d ever planned to.

With the clock ticking and the killer just as stuck on the isolated island as they are, Ty and Zane must navigate a veritable minefield of family, friends, and foes to stop the whole island from being destroyed.

I was so FREAKING EXCITED to pick up this installment of Cut and Run because I missed my Ty and Zane so damn much! I was definitely doing a re-read before this release. BALL & CHAIN was definitely different from precious books because we have different POV's alternating between Ty and Zane and Nick and Kelly. I didn't mind it so much. I don't think it took away from the story too much, but like a Ty & Zane fangirl for life I wanted more of them because this is Ty and Zane's book and we probably have one more book left for them where Nick is getting his own books, so save that for his book please!

Ty is back and Ty and Zane's relationship have finally been found out and Ty refuses to live away from Zane. He wouldn't be able to survive it. And Ty's brother Deuce is finally having his wedding, so of course Ty and Zane go, but bring Nick and Kelly as back up because there have been threats on The bride's side of the family. I hated the mystery as usually. I mean I didn't hate it in the beginning, the the middle and end seemed to drag on like we got nowhere.

I enjoyed the Ty and Zane storyline. This happens early on so no point hiding it. Ty asks Zane to marry him and this goes on throughout the book because Zane turns him down repeatedly. I love that Zane turns him down, because then I get to hear Ty ask over and over again. It was funny. There were definitely funny moments for these guys, but not enough because the focus became the murder/mystery they were solving and Nick and Ty's problems.

I did enjoy this book very much, but hopefully for our last book we can stick to the main focus being Ty & Zane. The first part was amazing, but the second half fell flat for me. The ending was amazing. Ty, you got it right! Looking forward to the next and final book to Ty & Zane's story!




2 comments :

  1. I need to get back to this series and catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you far behind. I hated the last book, but so sad that it's over. I would'nt complain if there were more Haha. =))

      Delete