Review: Feversong by Karen Marie Moning


Title: Feversong
Author: Karen Marie Moning
Series: Fever, #9
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Release Date: January 17, 2017
Pages: 541
Rating:

Black holes loom menacingly over Dublin, threatening to destroy the Earth. Yet the greatest danger is the one MacKayla Lane has unleashed from within: the Sinsar Dubh—a sentient book of unthinkable evil—has possessed her body and will stop at nothing in its insatiable quest for power.

The fate of Man and Fae rests on destroying the book and recovering the long-lost Song of Making, the sole magic that can repair the fragile fabric of the Earth. But to achieve these aims, sidhe-seers, the Nine, Seelie, and Unseelie must form unlikely alliances and make heart-wrenching choices. For Barrons and Jada, this means finding the Seelie Queen who alone can wield the mysterious song, negotiating with a lethal Unseelie prince hell-bent on ruling the Fae courts, and figuring out how to destroy the Sinsar Dubh while keeping Mac alive.

This time, there’s no gain without sacrifice, no pursuit without risk, no victory without irrevocable loss. In the battle for Mac’s soul, every decision exacts a tremendous price.
This is the first time I have really wanted to throw a Karen Marie Moning book acorss the room and rip it to shreds. I have to say that I was so disappointed in FEVERSONG that at one point I almost considered DNF-ing the book, but I wanted to finish to find out the outcome at the end. This book had many of the same problems that the 7th book, Burned had, but so much worse. Let's go down the line.

Sinsar Dubh. I hated the POV scenes with the Sinsar Dubh. To be honest it was ridiculous and the book kept saying the same shit over and over again in each chapter it was in.

Mac. I love Mac's POV. Always have. And it was interesting to see how the book possessing Mac was going to turn out and how she was going to beat it. So much happened with Mac thought like, what?

Barrons. This book was so bad, but it did provide a good ending for the Mac and Barrons relationship. In this book it seemed like they conveyed their emotions and feelings for each other so much more in this book. But as a whole, I still feel like we didn't get enough of them. I wish certain scenes were expanded on more.

Cruce. I find it so hard to believe that Mac didn't want to end Cruce as he was the last Unseelie Prince who raped her or that she wasn't more angrier than she was. I did end up falling a bit for him yet again. I will always love V'lane/Cruce.

Dani/Ryodan I feel like since Shadowfever there was so much hype on this relationship and by the end of the book you are so disappointed. First of all Ryodan seemed so absent from the book, Second of all Dani's childlike personality is back, Ugh. I just didn't like the development at all!

Now that I finished the book, I seemed to come out with more questions and now the series is ended. Like what the fuck?! Well, I guess I only have one. Is Jericho Barrons the fucking Unseelie King?! Mac and Barrons last scene in the book, it seriously felt that way. Oh and something else, even though I liked the previous book, I wish the spin off series didn't happen because it was one big clusterfuck. I liked being back in the Fever World, but expectations were just too high due to the original series awesomeness. I'm just really kinda annoyed at this point.



No comments :

Post a Comment